Welcome to the National Piers Society’s Photographic Competition 2017. Please use the menu below to vote for or upload your entries.
2017 NPS Photographic Competition - Terms and Conditions
‘The Enjoyment of Seaside Piers’
Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
1) The National Piers Society's Photographic Competition ("the Competition" is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional) in the following two age categories:
A) Junior - Up to 18 years of age
B) Adult - 18 years and over
2) Only seaside piers listed on the Society’s website can be the locations of Competition entries.
3) Entries will be accepted by on-line submission only. Entrants must register and submit their image(s) at www.piers.org.uk between 1st April and 30th September 2017. The electronic photo files are to be in jpeg format and to be a minimum of 1mb and maximum of 4mb file size. Image dimensions should be a maximum width of 2100px and a maximum height of 1600px. Entrants must include their full name, a short caption (maximum 50 words) explaining what the photograph shows and where it was taken, and their email address.
4) A maximum of 6 submissions per entrant are to be submitted electronically on the Society’s website. Submissions must be the work of the individual submitting them. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5) Members of the Society's Executive Committee, the judging panel and their families may not enter the competition.
6) It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with any required permission. Images must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that entrants do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
7) Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
8) Entrants warrant that the photograph(s) submitted is (are) their own work and that they own the copyright. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. Where an image is used in the Society's quarterly magazine Piers or in any national or international publication reporting on the Competition, the photographer will be credited. However, by entering the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the National Piers Society to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
9) The National Piers Society take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
10) The winners and runners up will be notified by email or telephone by 30th October 2017, so please ensure your profile information is correct and, if a member, up to date.
11) The Society accepts no liability for any damage or loss incurred by the entrant.
12) If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “NPS 2017 photo competition” in the subject line.
13) The National Piers Society together with independent judges will choose one winning entry and six runners up from each age category from all the valid Competition entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Full details of the judging process and the names of the Judges are available on request by emailing email@example.com
14) When choosing the winners and runners up, the Judges will be looking for the most well composed, artistic and original image. The winners will be announced on the Society's website and in the winter edition of the Society's magazine Piers. Interested and relevant national magazines will be invited to carry results of the competition. Commended and highly commended entries may also be published. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18 and over
Zip-wire flight family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children) on Bournemouth Pier, courtesy of Openwide International
Meal for 2 in the Boardwalk Restaurant (£50 max), Southwold Pier courtesy of Gough Hotels
Meal for 2 incl glass of bubbly in the Palm Court, Brighton Palace Pier, courtesy of Brighton Pier
Up to 18
Family session (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children) at Rock Reef on Bournemouth Pier, courtesy of Openwide International
Meal for 2 at the Grand Pier, Weston-Super-Mare, courtesy of the Grand Pier
The Society reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any unforeseeable reason.
The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize.
English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.